Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It’s Not What You Do… It’s Who You Know

Matthew 7:21-23, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will says to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I NEVER KNEW YOU; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’”

I think that I could write another book based on Chapter 7 of Matthew, but today I choose to focus on just these 3 versus. And the reason is that with the Pope visiting the US today, I can’t help but look back in my life and look at the false importance I gave to Ministers and ministry. Too often I believed that a particular Pastor was closer to God than I could ever attain myself. Even in my own self-worth I valued casting out demons, and seeing God’s miracles of healing over my relationship to Him. I wanted to see the miracles, and if I am truthful wanted others to see the miracles so that I could judge myself, and be judged by man as being closer to God.

But man’s judgments… even our own judgments, do not count in our relationship to God. We cannot ask ourselves if our jobs have importance. We cannot count on our pious acts to afford us eternal life. On the contrary we must ask ourselves, do we know Him? Or perhaps we should ask, does He know us?

And so as the Pope visits attracting millions to his masses. As Catholics faint in his presence, I wonder aloud. Does Pope Francis know God? Does he have a relationship with Christ? Though truly the answer is none of my business as I do not follow him, I also wonder aloud, do I know Him?

To that question I have a resounding answer, YES!

What is your answer to the question of, do you know Him? Do you know God the Father? Do you know His Son?

If you cannot say without qualifier, “yes” then by all means look for someone who teaches knowing Christ.

Being Pope does not mean you know Christ. Being a convicted felon does not mean you do not know Christ. That is a question that can only be answered in your heart.

What I can tell you with certainty, is that if you want to know Him. If you will seek Him, you will find him. (Matt 7:7) Seek HIM!



No comments:

Post a Comment