Friday, May 9, 2014

Revenge

Romans 7:24, “Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?”








Who will still my murderous heart?
Who can quiet the explosive rage?
Betrayal tastes of poison,
But its pain is an illusion.
Burn them all down as my emotions burn.
A life of an eye,
A kingdom for a penny my heart cries.
War… war… give me war!
Fighting is where I find comfort,
But no comfort is found.
Like a bursting thermometer my emotions boil.
Who do you think you are?
Why can’t I crush them?
Why can’t I destroy?
Who is it that holds me back?
To the cry for peace I say vengeance,
To the act of love I say hate.
Trust?
There are none trustworthy?
Love?
There is no one loveable?
And yet I hear the whisper… I love you.
And when my soul quiets to listen I hear…
I love them too.



No comments:

Post a Comment