Friday, May 3, 2013

2nd Anniversary of Propel


John 10:27, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”

John 21:15-17, “… Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these? He said to Him, ‘Yes Lord; You know that I love You.’ He said to him, ‘Tend My lambs.’ He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?’ He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.’ He said to him, ‘Shepherd My Sheep.’ He said to him the third time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love Me?’ Peter was grieved because  He said to Him the third time, ‘Do you love Me?’ And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Tend My Sheep.’”

When I was having conversation with God this morning I did not realize that today is the second anniversary of this blog. But when I arrived at work and saw the reminder on my Calendar it made that conversation all the more meaningful.

The Holy Spirit was asking me, “why have you quit writing.”

My feeble explanation, but truth of my heart was that no one has even noticed there has not been any posts in a couple of weeks or more. What's the point if no one cares. 

To that I heard deep in my spirit. Jeff I did not call you to “gather” My sheep. I did not call you to “eat from My sheep.” I did not call you to “lead” My sheep. I called you to “tend” My sheep, and your obedience of writing is doing just that all over the world.

And so I checked the states for the first time in a long time. Over 17,000 have read the words I pray our God’s through me. 2000 alone have come to The Offense of the Cross.  1100 have read Money… Money… Money. 86 Countries on all continents have visited. April was the 4th highest month of traffic, but the least number of post.

So this morning I heard God say to me, “Jeff, do you love Me.” And to that I say, “Yes Lord, You know that I do.” Only to hear again… “Tend My Sheep.”

And they are HIS sheep. Not mine.

If you are reading this… You are HIS sheep, and I am not here to be your shepherd. I’m not here to take from you. I do not live for your compliments, and nor do I die by your complaints. In fact, I am here following the Shepherd just like you, only occasionally throwing a handful of feed, trimming the overgrown wool, or pointing out the occasional danger. Beyond that… I spend most my time just being one of the sheep myself.

God Bless you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment