Saturday, February 2, 2013

Robert Franklin 07/12/1954 – 02/01/2013


Galatians 1:15-16, “But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, was please to reveal HIS SON IN ME…”

Though I have only known Robert Franklin a couple of short years, I truly love this man, and when he was lucid he always had a smile for me. I don’t know his life’s story, I don’t know his living conditions, or his mental capacity or illness. But I do know that more than once Robert inspired me to be more like Jesus.

His stories were hilarious. His painting bazaar. His dress straight out of a dumpster most days.

His begging always hurt me because I didn't have more to give. And I am so going to miss the smile response of buying him a cup of coffee, or some other confection.

Robert has finished the race, he ran it well. I suspect when I arrive in heaven he will ask me to buy him a cup of coffee, and then laugh at the ridiculousness of the request.

I love you Robert, and will see you again my friend. 








No comments:

Post a Comment