Monday, February 4, 2013

15000


Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations… teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you ALWAYS, even to the end of the age.”

I sit here awe struck that in less than 2 years there has been 15000 visitors to this humble blog. More amazing to me is that to date those visitors have come from 80 countries.

I am baffled by the traffic. I thought most would come through facebook, but facebook is only responsible for send 1640 thus far. I thought that a following would develop, but so far only 5 have registered. I thought traffic would create ad revenue, but only $65 to date. I thought this would be the beginning of my public ministry, but this is my public ministry.

What wonderful surprises God has bestowed upon me with this minor work.  Who would have known the post “The Offense of the Cross” would be viewed nearly 2000 times. “Money… Money… Money” was written for fun and has been viewed over 1000 times.

Traffic has grown every month is a fairly linear pattern whether I post or not… another unexpected pleasant surprise.

It is also been surprising to see the search terms that drive people to the site. “Black Sheep” is one of my favorites, after all compared to Christ we are all black sheep in the family of God.

All in all I am so thankful God had me start this work of obedience. I cherish the moments with Him that each and every post represents. I am excited that my own spiritual growth continues in the process. And I am blown away how so unintentionally Christ will of the above passage is being fulfilled by my simple act of obedience.

Let me encourage you to go and find you simple act of obedience, and do it, start it today. 


1 comment: