Thursday, May 3, 2012

1 YR Anniversary


John 14:21, “He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

One year ago today I responded to the godly compulsion of starting this blog called Propel. Even in the attempt to dispel expectations many existed under the surface of my soul. I thought it would be an avenue to promote my books. I thought it would open doors to intenerate preaching. (so far only once) I expected it would take money and advertising to create traffic, and never expected organic traffic to occur. And yet here at the one year point since I have started I have had 7500 visitors from dozens of countries find their way to my writings.

Even though my expectations have been ignored and actual results surprisingly wonderful, I have come to the place in this last year that I write really for only one reason.

Henri Nouwen said, “The word is always a word for others. Words need to be heard. When we give words to what we are living, these words need to be received and responded to. A speaker needs a listener. A writer needs a reader.”

My ego wants a reader, but I personally do not need one. I write solely because as I have my conversations with God He from time to time says, “write that.” This more than anything has become an act of obedience. I do completely agree with Henri Nouwen words when he wrote, “One of the most satisfying aspects of writing is that it can open in us deep wells of hidden treasures that are beautiful for us…”

There is nothing more beautiful than to be in relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To the degree my writings help in that aspect I pray that you would share in the beauty. Whether you write about it or not is up to you. 

The attached song brings tears to my eyes as I look back over the last year. Truly God has said to me, "come away with Me." And truly he does "have a plan for me." A great plan, a wild plan, a plan for my good. Perhaps there is not a better song to describe my experience with Christ in the past 12 months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment