Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Unto the Least

Matthew 25:40, "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'"

Yesterday I took a little time off to go see Jesus in the form of Robert, and give him his Christmas present. It's a new backpack containing some essentials for the urban explorer who operates on a completely different mental plane from the rest of the world. I trust he will follow my instructions and be a good boyscout when the time arises to put the tools to their full use. After all, incontinence is a horrible enemy when exploring the streets of Houston.

Robert was all smiles and must have shook my hand a dozen times. Me... I was so glad to be able to do it, to do something for a very real representation of the scripture above.

In parting Robert had to share with me some of his wisdom. He asked, "Do you know why mermaids wear sea shells?"

No, I replied.

"Because A-shells are too small and D-shells are too big."

God Bless you Robert Franklin.

Instead of music this morning, enjoy with me some of Robert's changing looks over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment