Friday, April 27, 2012

Christ in Me


Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me…”

Kingdom awareness, practicing the presence of God, filled with the Holy Spirit, the 2nd half of spiritual life… all terms that define the experience Paul writes of. CHRIST LIVES IN ME.

I know many Christians that experience the “presence of God.” I hear all the time of Christians testifying that Christ is or was “with” them. I have attended hundreds, if not thousands of worship services where the masses felt God in the building. But out of the thousands of Christians I know and the tens of thousands I have met I only know 2 who truly understand and experience daily Christ living "IN" them.

Or sure there are many more than 2 who have achieved this awareness, in fact I read from their writings on a daily basis. But this is the experience; this is the level of relationship God is pulling us all to.  This awareness is the next step in spiritual growth for many.

Unfortunately it is something far beyond intellect, and will be to date the most spiritual event or process for those who have not come to it. It is not accomplished by faith, or will power, or understanding of the Bible or doctrine. It is the result of being crucified with Christ. It is the result of surrender.

The apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 11:23-27, “…in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a day and a night I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.”

Do you think Paul having experienced all this was able to continue because God was “with” him? Do you think that Paul on the third of five times receiving 39 lashes was comforted knowing Jesus was there “standing beside” him… witnessing the event? Do you think Paul saw Jesus standing next to him with a smile saying, 'it's going to be ok? No.

Paul endured all these tortures and continued in his ministry because he was aware that Christ is in him. Christ took the beatings with Paul. He was not a witness to them. Can you see the difference?

Yesterday Christ was in me as I met with my chief creditor. He was not “with me.” Christ was in me. Oh the importance of this revelation and experience.

Selah


No comments:

Post a Comment