Monday, April 16, 2012

To My Rescue


Matthew 8:24-26, “And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus was asleep. And they came to Him and woke Him, ‘Save us, Lord; we are perishing!’ He said to them, ‘Why are you afraid, you men of little faith…”

I have written about this scripture before. The last time I wrote that I was like the disciples, shaken with fear by the storm. The only difference was that I knew not to wake Jesus up. This time I am in a far different place.

With certain sinking impending for me on May 1st the storm is not only great, but overwhelming. And yet I am not the frantic, fearful disciple. Today, I am fully aware of Christ asleep within me. He is unconcerned, and as a result so am I. He is at rest, and consequently so am I.

My sleep is not only peaceful, it is full of wonderful dreams. Once again last night I had a dream of flying and of trying to teach others to fly. Not with mechanical devise mind you. Simply jumping up and floating on a different layer of time and space. And as I was trying to teach my technique I told my students that other important part is that you have to not believe in gravity.

And so today as I write this, sleeping when Christ sleeps, I know that He is my rescue. That He has a plan even with only days left. And today I don’t believe in gravity. I don’t believe there is anything that can hold me down. I don’t believe there is anything, storm or otherwise, that can stop my Master. All I need to do is simply obey.

And even if the storm swamps my boat, I know that Christ will raise a ship, or Him and I will walk the rest of the way on the water to dry land. Either way, He is not only for me, but with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment