Saturday, May 21, 2011

Don't Go It Alone

Proverbs 11:14, "Where there is no guidance the people fall, But in the abundance of counselors there is victory."

I am so very thankful that God has put people in my life to guide me to victory. Particularly Jim Spivey & Russell Raia as of late. I can't help but wonder why Moses & Elijah appeared to Jesus, "talking with Him." Were they there to be the same encouragement and example that these guys are serving in my life right now?

In fact I am thankful for all the people God has put in my life that have in some way or another contributed to it. What a great bunch of friends that have always been there with love and support. And how awesome is it that the circle of friendship continues to grow.

Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 1:9, "That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun." There is someone out there that has been through the exact same thing you are going through. There is a guide, a counselor, a friend that God has placed in your life to help and encourage you to that place of resurrection. And I don't believe it is some distant spiritual leader. I believe it's an individual, probably already close to you that has a word, or a hug, or an open ear to be that living example of Christ that helps you get to the other side. Just be willing to be open to it.

And check back tomorrow. Perhaps God will allow me to build on this principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment