Sunday, September 18, 2011

Here Kitty Kitty

1 Peter 5:8, "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

The King James version of this scripture says Satan is looking for someone he MAY devour. In other words, the devil goes about roaring. He is about making a big noise and threat at the difficulties of life, but when it comes down to it, he cannot devour you unless you let him. There is a permission given in giving up or running away.

The past week has been brutal to say the least. For me it feels like I have stared Satan in the face as one threat after another has come. But today I am standing full of peace. Ready to continue to stand and watch what God does with all of this. In the mean time the devil can roar all he wants. My God is bigger, and like Daniel, though I am in his very den, the lion's mouth has been closed by God. There is no running, there is no fear.

Some might ask what am I going to do about this or that as the issues come lobbing in like mortars. For me there is nothing to do but stand and wait for God. That is what He is telling me. Stand firm, just like Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:11, "Put on the full armor of God, so that you may be able to STAND FIRM against the scheme of the devil."

There is nothing to do... there is only to be... To be a reflection of Christ, walking in love, trusting our Father. Something so easy to do when you realize His love never fails... God has never lost a battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment