Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nothing Lost

Philippians 3:8. "More than that, I count all things loss in the view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ."

It takes me about 3 hours to do my yard, the majority of it on my riding mower. During that time I have me headphones in and iPhone playing non-stop music. It is such a mindless task it really give me a lot of time to celebrate with the worship music and just pray. Today, somewhere in the 5 acres I realized what Ministry is all about. I was thinking, "what if I had a church, who would I want to come?"

Homosexuals... yes. Prostitutes... yes. Thieves... yes. Criminals... yes. Widows... yes. Children... yes. Rich.. yes. Poor... yes. If I had a church send everyone, and all the sinners.

And what would I do with this croud? Simply, just love them. Because frankly I don't care what the "problem" is. I know that if I can love the person, the the Holy Spirit has His opportunity to address the problem. If I had a church, I would want it built on 1 Peter 4:8 where it says, "above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins."

But I am not called to start a church, but there is no reason that this attempt to express love to a lost and dying world cannot be my ministry... my calling.

I'm getting it. I am understanding. And in that moment of understanding is the greatest since of love from heaven. In that continuing moment is the understanding that everything in my past is insignificant to this relationship to God. In that moment of understanding on the mower I asked myself. Would you rather have the millions you have lost, or this moment right now?

Frankly, that moment was worth 10 times what I have lost. And not only worth everything that I have lost, it is worth everything else I have to loose.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is not an on coming train. It is not the other side of the mountain. It is in the lap of the Father, in the arms of His Son Jesus.

Ministry is loving people right where they are. Being a companion as God works His miracle. Not to create the miracle, perhaps be a part, but always a witness of what He is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment