Monday, October 31, 2011

Unshakable

Hebrews 12:28, "Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe"

This morning as I tended the barn I was so filled with gratitude for God perserving and extending my Dad's life. For all the friends who poured out thier love on him, and really all of the family. Grateful for the revelation and presence of God in it all. And more than it all, I am grateful that God's kingdom is unshakable. That His will, His sovereignty is not dependent upon me.

Me and so many others prayed to see the recovery in my Dad that we have seen, and yet that was only necessary for us. God is in no way bound by those acts. He is unshakable, His kingdom is unshakable. This is faith. To know that in no way can I believe hard enough, or act right enough to effect a change. But rather in faith depend on God. In faith believe His will to be done. In faith trust Him for the best, not in the absence of fear, but in the presence of fear. It is because I am so undeserving that have this sense of gratitude, reverence, and awe.

I am so thankful too that He allows His kingdom to manifest inside of me. That as I am made aware of that, moment by moment I experience His presense. And that above all is glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment